Monday, December 03, 2007

Lament?

(Disclaimer: I got a little tipsy last night & found a keyboard. Sorry y 'all.)

Sometimes joy carries a sting. It is simple to chalk up past experiences to the bastard Fate and rationalize years of complicity as just that, convenience and lack of discomfort. I spent years in a self-induced state of calculated comfort. I lost so much damn time because I was too afraid to express a semblance of human emotion. Ah...the harsh lessons we learn. I did not realize how closed off and patently inaccessible I was four years ago. Wasted time and wasted space and here I sit lamenting about missed embraces and I want to break large pieces of pottery - dash them against a wiling surface and scream until my vocal chords rupture. Does this sound melodramatic and weak? I don't give a sterile fuck. This is where I sit right now. Broken and bruised over lost years and hubris. Goddamn if I can't get over it tonight. While everything comes up roses and sunshine, I still feel shitty about what has been lost.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i can relate. in my frustration of why and how, i have come to realize that, although i think i should have been/could have been in a better spot, maybe i was meat to be exactly where i was. maybe that wasted time wasn't wasted at all. maybe it was strengthening me, shaping me, preparing me for what lay ahead. and you know what? after i stepped back, i realized that's exactly what took place. sometimes what we classify as lost, may actually be what we've found.

if that means anything. lol if not, thanks for letting me talk :o) luv you!!