Saturday, September 08, 2007

Tais-toi

I woke up a little after 8 this morning feeling pretty ambitious. Made some coffee and started to think about what I wanted to do with the day. First load of laundry is in the dryer and I am getting ready to clean the bathroom and run the vac. I've been screwing around a bit, phone calls and the ever-distracting WWW has occupied the last two hours. In a minute I will try and track down replacement bags for my Dad's vacuum.

Ani Difranco is going to be performing in Chicago in a couple of weeks and I would love to go. She is an incredibly talented person and as corny as it may sound, she has been a profound influence on me for the last eight years. "Not So Soft" literally changed my life and allowed me to extract myself from a continually destructive situation, as well as allowing me to make some admissions to myself regarding ideas of sexuality. Some day I will write a little more on this album, but right now I have too much to do.

I asked S if he wanted to watch M for that night, per his wishes regarding "first right of refusal", but all it did was hurt his feelings. I don't like making people feel bad and it seems that I'm doing a great job of it this morning.

I hate it when someone I care about is feeling crappy and there is nothing I can say or do to alleviate it. Seems that everything I say is wrong and I'd be better off just keeping my mouth shut.

Maybe I should go in to exile for the rest of the day. Dog knows I talk too damn much as it is.

No comments: