Monday, September 17, 2007

I like Toast

I regret how silently this page sits. I am forcing myself to write something this morning. I have no profound observations or dirty laundry to air, just a quiet sense of accomplishment. I spent Saturday doing a whole lot of nothing and a little bit of something. My brain got a chance to stretch and I'm feeling a little more loose. Ideas are slowly starting to swell and I am remembering why life is interesting.

I spent a portion of the weekend trying to learn the ins and outs of my digital camera and figure out how to make it an extension of my eye. Like everything it has quirks, but with a little patience I think that we'll do just fine. It is frustrating at times, but ultimately very satisfying take some effort to work on things instead of getting pissy and zipping it up in it's bag. This is something new for me. I have made a commitment to not give up, even when I feel like throwing the damn thing against a brick wall.

I have more to say, but there is a small person who would like a banana and toast.

2 comments:

Shrinking Gail said...

and shoes, don't forget the importance of the shoes.

MEETING NEIL IS EASY said...

That sounds yummy. Speaking of which, you know what I ate for breakfast this morning for the first time in at least ten years? Apple Jacks! And oh, they were so good!

Sorry 'bout that. Didn't mean to get that excited about cereal, but what I really wanted to say was don't throw your camera off the wall... Stick with it and I'm sure amazing things will come out of it.

But if it gets that frustrating, consider driving over it with a large vehicle of some sort. Sounds silly, but there's a certain amount of satisfaction in that action that words just cannot describe.