Wednesday, October 26, 2005

what a drag it is getting old...


(Still from Donna Reed show)
I should be doing a lot of things right now - dishes, vacuuming, laundry, etc. I feel like a crappy housewife. Me and la bambina have colds & I don't feel like doing a darn thing 'cept sleeping. I went online to find out how much i can sell my big green boat for and was tickled pink to find out i don't owe more than its worth. Oh happy day. So the ad goes in the paper on Friday & I suppose I should get one of those damn signs. My mom is selling me her Jeep for a great price. I will join the ranks of SUV driving Soccormommies. Shit, i need to shop more or something.

Steve and I have been playing board games lately. I am obsessed with Scrabble. Steve keeps kicking my ass though. Last Saturday we had Steve's 10 year old brother over for the night. I made roast chicken with all the trimmings. We played Monopoly and I lost miserably. If i don't get Boardwalk & Park Place I sulk like little girl with grapejuice on her party dress. We drank tea and hot chocolate. It was great. It's been nice to rediscover the simple pleasures in life. I don't need booze or drugs or other people's bullshit to feel fulfilled. I am enlightened.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Railroads, dude, it's all about the railroads.

Kevin said...

Lately Bucket keeps talking about board games. I guess this is growing up.